Thursday, December 22, 2011

November 21: Hike

One day we went on a hike. It had been 2 months since I hiked last, and I had felt migraine-ish/sick for a few days previous to this. I almost didn't go, but I wanted to get out of the house and into nature so badly that I told myself to put on my big girl pants and suck it up. 

So when I say "we went on a hike," what I mean is Garrett and Adam went on a hike and I went on a somewhat miserable pioneer wilderness survival experience 20 feet behind them. 

There they are. 


Something you should know about me: I hate, hate, hate not meeting goals. Is it pride? Is it determination? Does it matter? I just set my jaw and trudge on.  So I tried really hard not to complain or ask to stop or do anything that would discourage me from getting to the top of that stupid snowy mountain.

The good news is that I survived to take pictures. The bad news is none of the pictures are of me. I felt like a stupid girl asking the dudes to take pictures of me. I know, I know: "but Jeannette, you ARE a stupid girl." Jeeze. Sorry, mom. 

On the edge. 

Sometimes I wish I could fly. 
I would free fall right into a valley like this and catch myself just before landing in the water. 
Imagine how freaking amazingly cool that would be. 

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. 



True affection. 






Conquerer. 

Thumbs up for rock and roll! 


I wish I had this kid for a walking buddy as I conquered the mountain. 
Please watch this video. It will make your life so amazing. 


Awww. 


We celebrated our hike by allowing Adam to teach us the ways of pho. Adam is pho king....awesome. 

Yum. I could go for some pho right now, even. 

Wham-bam-jam and ham! 
The end. 


No comments:

Post a Comment